Mobile #: (408) 234 5267 (call or text)
I am an experienced IT/Business Analyst with experience in Project Management concepts, practices, and procedures. I have been on many successful project teams. I also have experience in Business Analysis; I can use data to see patterns and can make recommendations to improve productivity. I am also an experienced Application Administrator and have added value with my Business Analyst background to projects I have managed. I have experience in a fast-paced start up environment, and management of a team of experienced professionals.
San Jose State University
Business Analyst, HR Technology Group
San Jose, CA
4/2017 – Present
Maintain high quality and customer-focused technology that integrates and coordinates with university needs. I ensure data integrity in Human Capital Management (HCM) and provide reports and data analysis to evaluating HR function and programs.
HCM is one of Oracle PeopleSoft's web-based, single system solutions that covers every aspect of the HCM roadmap, from core HR transactional functionality through service automation and delivery to complete enterprise talent management solutions.
Services I am responsible for are:
- Serving as the central resource for all Human Resources data in Oracle PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) and Cal State University - Personnel/Payroll Information Management System (PIMS)
- Conducting research and analyzing information to support campus personnel and planning for Human Resources
- Developing employee related data queries and data procedures for the campus community
- Supporting the development, implementation, audit functions and integration of HCM
- Training HR staff on new HCM processes and other databases for data analysis
- Serving as the liaison in the Campus Community Committee in resolving duplicate employee ids between Human Resources,
- Student Administration and Professional Development Center
- Representing HR in the CSU-wide Human Resources Users Group in researching and resolving HCM and PIMS issues.
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Started as: Business Analyst
Last position: Business Systems Analyst
San Jose, CA
6/00 - Present
I supported the Finance and HR groups in terms of new capabilities and functionality of Cisco's Reporting tools. There are a variety of reporting tools used at Cisco, and have knowledge about each. Recently I worked in an Agile project management environment and implementing this for our group. I have a mix of both HR and Finance projects, and gaining knowledge and experience of each. I am also acting as the release manager for our HR group tool releases, as well as working on projects/enhancements for that group as well.
In previous roles held at Cisco, I was responsible for:
- Release manager for the HR Reporting tool – Ran the Go / No Go calls and worked with developers and the business to get release items signed off for release.
- Partnered with the business to define and capture new key performance indicators and measures to accurately measure business performance to enable business to make better business decisions.
- Performed environment migrations between the Development, Quality Assurance, and Production environments.
- Technologies I used: Business Objects, Microstrategy, OBIEE, Oracle HRMS & Discoverer, SQL, Teradata SQL Assistant, Tableau, and others.
- Had on-call responsibility for keeping the system up for approximately 7,000 users at Cisco.
- Part of the team that successfully launched the HRMS (Human Resource Management System) transformation from a BI perspective.
- Part of the team that upgraded the version for the BI application from OBIEE 10g to OBIEE 11g.
- We used the upgrade to make improvements and enhancements to the Dashboards and reports.
- I was responsible for Siebel ERM application maintenance and enhancements
- Implemented Siebel Analytics for HR Services, doing both development work and analysis.
WebTV Networks, Inc. (startup acquired by Microsoft)
Artemis Research, Inc. (Incorporated to form WebTV Networks)
Milpitas Youth Soccer League
San Jose Classic Chevy Club
Board Positions of:
Webmaster: 2007 to Present
Newsletter Editor: 2007 to Present
I am responsible for creating and disseminating the club's monthly newsletter, and for creating and maintaining the club's website and membership roster.